In-Person Worship Status
We are delighted to announce we began offering in October, by reservation, worship on Sunday at 8:30 a.m. on the labyrinth. For more details, see your weekly Constant Contact Sunday Service email from the church office.
To register to attend the upcoming Sunday at 8:30 a.m. worship service, see the link at the BOTTOM of this page after reviewing our safety policies. Or, call Diana in church office to reserve a seat: (918) 742-7381.
For a visual look at some of our changes anticipate as you consider coming back to church - outside now and later when we reopen the nave, check out this flyer: Changes to Worship and Fellowship.pdf
As of now, we do not have a date projected for gathering in-person for worship or group meetings inside the church building. We are as eager as you are to be together again, but will not proceed until we know Tulsa County's "percent positive" rates for the novel coronavirus are below the threshold recommended by the Rector in consultation with his reopening advisors.
The church office is operating during regular business hours (for employees and worship teams only) and can be reached by phone or email. Let us know if we can help you in any way!
Meanwhile, the staff has been working diligently to order all the supplies needed for safest coming together. So that all of YOU will be prepared for how worship, and preparing for worship will be different, we share the following highlights of safety and service news:
· Our first in-person Sunday Holy Eucharist services will be outside, but if the weather forecast becomes inclement on a given day, the service will be cancelled for that day.
· You will need to make a reservation to attend outdoor or indoor worship. Those who can, please use the church Constant Contact emailed invitation link to make your reservation. Those who cannot, may call the church office for assistance. We will mail and email instructions to do so as we near an “open” date.
· The check-in process will take a few extra minutes, so plan to arrive for worship early. And, when in line, stay six feet from people not in your household. For indoor worship, you will enter the south door of the narthex (that is on the southwest side of the main church, off the parking lot, and close to the circle drive).
· If you arrive for outside or inside service and it is a warm day, stay in your car with the air conditioning running, or with the heater on for a chilly day. We want you safe and comfortable.
· Arriving, departing and during the Peace, there should be no handshakes, fist bumps, elbow touches, etc. Services must remain touch-free for now.
· Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering the church (or labyrinth if we are outside).
· Everyone must wear a clean mask for the whole time in the service, indoors or out. The mask must cover your mouth and nose. Children of two years of age must wear a mask. We understand kids and adults alike don’t enjoy this, but it is required and is how we best care for one another AND are able to be together.
· You are welcome to bring your smartphone or tablet with the Book of Common Prayer downloaded or accessed via an app. Service bulletins will be emailed. Alternatively, we will have printed copies on a table, if you’d prefer a one-use hard-copy.
· Follow the instructions of your usher, who will take you to your seat (inside or outside services).
· We will not be able to sing or hum along with the music. That’s tough, we know. But, please respect this policy to keep everyone safe.
· The current plan is for the priest to bring communion to you. We will have every-other pew closed for seating. The priest will walk in front of you and “drop” the wafer into your open/cupped hands. For everyone’s safety, do not touch the priest as they pass.
· Before and after service, do not congregate in the parking lots. Before you come, think about or do these things:
· If you or any member of your household has traveled outside the state in the past two weeks, do not attend.
· If you or any member of your household are coughing or sneezing, even for allergies, please do not attend. We want everyone else to also feel safe.
· Take your (and that of all members of your household) temperature the morning of service. No one with a temp of 100 degrees or higher should attend.
· Wash your hands really well before leaving for the church and try not to touch your face.
· Please reserve church bathroom use for emergencies.
· Please look at Facebook for possible weather cancellations.
All current prayer services will continue being offered to you live via Facebook at their usual times.
As you have likely read or heard in the Tulsa Health Department press conferences, places of worship are considered a higher risk location for visiting during the pandemic. We are being as careful as possible to prepare the building and protect the staff. But no amount of planning will reduce all risk. Please keep this in mind as you make personal decisions about when returning to in-person worship is right for you and your family.
To register online to attend the Sunday, November 29, 2020 at 8:30 a.m., click here...